Monday, May 17, 2010

9061



Over a quarter of a century ago, I moved into this house. I was young, married and pregnant. We were only going to stay for 5 years, until we built a new home. That dream never evolved. Both of my children have only known this house as home. I have lots of memories in this house. Babies, parties, fights, laughs, structural changes, nieces and nephews have found comfort here. After funeral stories were told, construction hammers have driven in nails, tears have fallen, the earth has rolled under our feet, and yet the house still stands. 9061...where I lay my head.

2 comments:

  1. This is another awesome post! I just love the way you put things. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison, you inspire me to keep trying...and because of you, I will....xo

    ReplyDelete