Saturday, May 15, 2010

Wash me clean



Enjoying the daily chores of domestic life is a forced way of thinking. I have done these same chores week after week for almost 30 years. The size of the clothing changes and the number of pieces differs but the basic task is identical.

It was "dangerous" to hold the phone over the running water of the washing machine today...ooOOoo0. Living on the edge, (ha ha), what if I had dropped the phone into the tub. But I didn't and the chore went on as planned.

I wish that I could some how squeeze into the machine and wash away the dirt that has clung onto me. I know that Jesus has already washed my sins away, but man am I tired of asking for that forgiveness. Is it possible to go through one day and not "step in it?" I will never be perfect and I will try every day to improve, but will there ever come a day when I can be happy about the previous 24 hours? Only time will tell...

1 comment:

  1. Pam, this is an awesome picture and an even better post. I love this!

    ReplyDelete