Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Hardwoods


When remembering times past that were way more simple than they are now. Times when staying up late was a privilage and the stress of the day was getting a good grade on a paper. Back when you had a fight with your brother you thought, "no problem, I still have my sister and another brother to play with." I would sit with my dad and watch the NBA on our square, non-remote controlled Magnavox television. With the crowd cheering and the squeaking of the Chuck Taylor's on the hardwoods was occasionally interrupted by my dads outbursts. He was the fourth referee. The one who could see all of the fouls and never make a mistake. He would tolerate my simple questions like, "why do they push each other, I thought you couldn't do that?" I would recite the teams and the towns they came from. He would yell at the men playing on the t.v.. I watched part of the Laker/Celtic game tonight. I was flooded with happy memories. I need to share a game with him again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered why they could push each other too!!

    ReplyDelete