Friday, June 4, 2010

UP, UP, UP



Doing something without ones filter is a very freeing feeling. One of my little guys at work probably had this thought go through his head..."I wonder what would happen if I threw this lunchbox over the fence?" Well, there it lay in the street, waiting for a big truck to roll right over it. That never happened. I have a key to the gate so I went out and got it. I actually tossed it back over the fence, kind of to see how it felt. It was fun. It landed as if I had placed it with precision on the other side of the fence. Not far from its original starting point. Recess continued and as we were lining up, my favorite lunchbox tosser got a hold of the blue box again and tossed it straight up in the air. This time it landed right on the edge of the closest building. Way out of our reach. We all stood and watched as it went flying up, up, up, teetering on the edge. But it did not fall back to earth. We alerted people who could help and the box was returned before its owner got on the bus at the end of the day to go home. No harm, No foul...

1 comment: