Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pre occupied with sadness for someone I do not know



While walking through the halls at work today...(all out doors), I heard many sirens. I saw the helicopter circling around in the air above our school. By noon we get an email from the D. O. (district office), that a mom from one of our elementary schools was hit and killed while jogging with her husband and dogs today. She crossed a busy street and did not hear her husband yelling or see the car that hit her. They have 2 children, a second grader and a fifth grader. So terribly sad on all sides. How do you go to school as a 7 year old and when your day is over you find out you no longer have a mom. This story has been haunting me all day. How do you live knowing you ended someones life while following all of the rules. I pray for both families and the first responders. Only by His grace...

2 comments:

  1. Your post has haunted me since reading it. So, so sad and then I logged into FB and found out she was one of my friends friend. Saw a picture of her and a comment she made not long ago. Makes me think she had no idea then that her life would end so soon. It makes me think of my own mortality and the things that are important. You are right.... only by His grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam - having the compassion of Christ can fill our hearts with saddness in times like this. Be encouraged in becomining more Christlike. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete