Monday, February 1, 2010

Tractor on a trailer


As I was driving in the early morning sun, on a crisp February day, I pulled up behind a rusty old green tractor. I felt an uncontrollable smile creep up on my face. I snapped a quick picture from behind and then as we drove in the same direction, I tried to get another from the side. As we jockeyed back and forth towards the next traffic light, I kept my phone on my lap and tried to be as cool as I could. In my most stealth mode, I snapped another photo. My biggest fear at this point was to NOT get in a car wreck. The driver of the other car eventually turned down a road I was not going and away my happy tractor went. I reflected on the happy mood I was now in and pondered why an old tractor on a trailer would bring me joy. Was it because I feel as old as it looked? Was it confirmation that rural living is where I fit in? I believe it's a bit of both...

1 comment: