Thursday, August 5, 2010

1st Thursday



1st Thursday of the month and we find ourselves at the quilt ministry meeting. Since we are into summer and many folks are on vacation, we were minus a few ladies. But, we had a couple of new guests tonight. I love it when we have newbies. They try to pick up on the lingo and the techniques. I think that is why they are laughing. Although we have fun and many, many laughs, we do settle down and get serious and pray over these quilts and pray with every knot tied. If you ever get the chance to come and pray with us you will feel so up lifted. It is remarkable how as we eat and hold the business part of the meeting, we fellowship and catch up with everyone, then pretty quickly we get to sewing new quilt tops and bindings and tie at least 2 quilts at every meeting. We share new blocks and books and experiences. It brings you back to times when there was a need, the women could come together with hand made crafting to help comfort someone. Sharing God's wonderful love.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a realy good time. I tried quilting and I think I did ok. I bet the quilts you make are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete