Wednesday, September 29, 2010

O'Dark Thirty



On Wednesday mornings at O'dark-thirty, I meet my friend for coffee and a replenishing of positive, uplifting fellowship. We have worked together for a few years and now we are at different schools. We don't see each other on a daily basis any more. I didn't know how much I would miss her until she was gone. Wow, how many people have said that about someone in their life? I am trying to hold on tight to this friendship. But not so tight that I mess it up and I am no longer needed. I am finding many new things about myself as we sit in this little coffee shop on Main street in our cowboy town. I realized that when I talk to her, when we are sitting no more than 2 feet from each other, that I don't look at her when I speak. What's up with that? I find myself looking out the window. I should switch places with her next time. Am I easily distracted? Interesting indeed. I love my time with her. She is wise in ways that I am not. We are the same age, and we both live simple lives. She is a strong woman and yet she is vulnerable too. She has passion in her life and for life. She is taking in all that life can give her. She has awesome stories about her hikes around the county and country. She can make you laugh and cry all in one story. She is wonderful. I am so very blessed to be able to get to share a couple of hours a week talking with her. She fills my heart with love and laughter.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good friend Pammie and I am blessed to know you. No doubt your friend feels the same way. How lucky she is!

    ReplyDelete