Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sloppy Bills



The ground beef for Sloppy Bills...you may be thinking, sloppy Bills? I never heard of that. Sloppy Joes, yes, but never Bills. Well, along time ago, when my Joe was about 5 or 6 years old, he explained to me that he didn't like it when we had sloppy Joes. He said the kids at school made fun of him when they served it for lunch and so he would like it if I didn't make them at home too. I said to him, "oh please, it's just a name of a sandwich!" "We could call them anything we wanted, how about Sloppy Bills?" Bill was the name of the dad that lived next door. He was a fun guy and Joe had known him all of his life. He thought on it for all of 2 minutes and that was it...We have called them Sloppy Bills ever since.

3 comments:

  1. That has got to be the cutest story evar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo...were they good? I am not into sloppy joes, bills, pammers, or buns? Rev Roo

    ReplyDelete