Saturday, January 9, 2010

Waiting for Results...


Testing daily is my new promise to myself. I have conveniently avoided testing my blood sugar for far too long. The thought process is almost like a small child covering his eyes and then you can not see them. I put my tester next to the kitchen sink. I am at that sink multiple times a day. There is no excuse. I have many testers. In my lunch box, in my car, in my house. Why do I avoid them? My diabetes should be easy to shed. Lose the pounds, lose the meds. I have a friend that uses insulin. He can't change his status by changing his life style. The image of him injecting his meds to keep him living should be lesson enough. When will I grow up and take responsibility? Soon I hope, for no one is in charge of me, but me.

2 comments:

  1. PJ...

    My daughter has type 1 diabetes (since 9 years old) and if there is one thing I can tell you is be kind to yourself and give yourself grace :) Katy has struggled w/ testing her blood for many years. Take it one day at a time. Diabetes is a hard thing to struggle with. Ask friends and family to help you and they will. I know "the number" can really put alot of pressure on you. Controlling blood sugar is like a science really. There are days where you can do eevrything right and out of left field a high number comes up. Its so discouraging! Stay focused on eating healthier foods that don't cause high blood sugar and the numbers will fall into place! :) I am here to help if ever you need anyone! One day at a time my friend...

    Love,

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. It sounds like your on the right path. Now that you have all those testers -- I am confident you will use them. For me --- if I need to do something I don't want to I tell people. Then I feel obligated --- kind of an accountability I put myself in. Health issues basically stink but you do what you have to do. I love you Pam.

    ReplyDelete